Project title: Implementation of photogenerated strong protic acids (PAG-s) based on innovative accelerating molecules for application in the industry of photo-curable polymer coatings
Project number: TANGO2/340229/NCBR/2017 - NCBiR
Principal investigator: Dr hab inż. Joanna Ortyl, Prof. PK
Obtained funds: 1 091 999 PLN
Funding source: National Center for Research and Development
Start day: 01-09-2019
End day: 31-04-2022
Short disctoption of the project:
The practical goal of the project is the effective marketing of the developed invention concerning photogenerators of strong protic acids (PAG-s) based on innovative accelerating molecules. There are reasons for taking actions towards implementation of the results obtained in the SONATA base project (NCN) in the economic practice because:
- New chemical compounds were developed for the role of PAGs,
- These compounds shifted the light sensitivity of commercially available PAGs to the near-UV (UV-A) range and some of the derivatives to the visible spectrum,
- The developed compounds in the process of synergistic interaction with iodonium salts lead to conversions of about 70% for epoxy monomers during cationic photopolymerization while for acrylic monomers (radical photopolymerization) (the conversion of monomers about >95% are obtained),
- It is possible to obtain an increase in the speed of the whole process, a reduction of the polymerization time, and thus a possibility to lower the concentration of the initiator system used, and thus directly an increase in savings resulting from lower financial outlays for both,
- The systems developed will be able to be used in much lower concentrations without slowing down the production rate of polymeric coatings or increasing the production rate.
- HOLA, Emilia, et al. New bimolecular photoinitiating systems based on terphenyl derivatives as highly efficient photosensitizers for 3D printing application. Polymer Chemistry, 2020, 11.4: 922-935.
- TOMAL, Wiktoria, et al. Development of new high-performance biphenyl and terphenyl derivatives as versatile photoredox photoinitiating systems and their applications in 3D printing photopolymerization processes. Catalysts, 2019, 9.10: 827.
- PATENT APPLICATION P.426896 Date of application: 2018-09-04 Authors of the application: Joanna Ortyl, Wiktoria Świątek, Anna Chachaj-Brekiesz, Maciej Pilch, Title of the application: New 2-amino-4-phenyl-6-methyl-benzene-1,3- dicarbonitrile derivatives, processes for their production, new photoinitiator systems for cationic, radical, thiol-en and hybrid photoinitiatiopolymerization and the use of new 2-amino-4-derivatives phenyl-6- methylbenzene-1,3-dicarbonitrile Implementation of the invention National patent granted PL 228289 dated 30.03.2018 formerly
- PATENT APPLICATION P.408415 with priority date 02-06-2014 Licensee: based on the cooperation agreement and license agreement 24-04-2019, Gdańska Fabryka Farb Graficznych Sp. z o.o., Ul. Chwaszczyńska 129E, 81-571
- Awards: BRONZE MEDAL at the Seoul International Invention Fair 06-09.12-2018 The title of the award-winning invention: "New Fluorescent Probes /Monitoring and Acceleration of Cationic, Free-Radical and Thiol-ene Photopolymerization Processes under UV-LEDs and Vis-LED Sources of Light."
- SILVER MEDAL at Arca 2018 - 16th International Innovation Exhibition 18-20.11.2018 The title of the awarded invention: "Novel photochemical initiating systems for cationic, free-radicals and hybrid photopolymerization processes of coatings under the light."
- GOLD MEDAL at iENA - International Trade Fair "Ideas - Inventions - New Products Norynberg, Germany 01/04/11/2018